Friday, October 17, 2008

The Savages

I am on a plane..flying back home to California.. and I just finished watching a great and a bit bizarre movie called 'The Savages'. The movie was about this family ( a brother and sister and their old father who is almost on the verge of dying).

The movie shows the true and sad face of life. It depicts the sad fact about nursing homes and the numerous guilty children who leave their parents over there to live alone the last few years of their lives. In my opinion it is the biggest dilemma of human life.. the thought of leaving a sick parent in the care of someone else to lead your own life in peace. I personally feel its one of the most difficult decisions that we have to take and it leaves us filled with guilt, sadness and unhappiness no matter which way we go. I don't know what is the right thing to do. My parents have done a lot (LOT) for me and I feel I definitely owe a lot of what I am to them. However, sooner than later I will be faced with the same situation and I have no clue what I would do at that point. However, it kills me inside even to think of them in that position.

What an irony of life.. the one who gives you life... life gives him nothing but loneliness at the end!

No comments: